There are a lot of things to keep you busy in and around Creeslough. Here are our top tips for things to do in Creeslough or North West Donegal.
Things to do as a couple
- Stroll through natural woodland path in Duntally Woods and breath in the fresh oxygen, keep an eye out for birds and many different trees. The woods are especially vibrant in Spring as the bluebells start to bloom.
- Enjoy an afternoon tea at Glenveagh Castle. Take a trip to Glenveagh castle. Either walk the 4km to the castle, hire an electric bike or hop on the shuttle bus. Pop into the tea room at the castle and enjoy the homemade baked goods with a piping hot ‘cuppa tea’.
- Hire electric bikes and cycle the beautiful hills of Donegal.
- Rent kayaks from one of the surf shops in Dunfanaghy and have a crack at sailing around sheephaven bay from Portnablagh to ards.
- Climb Muckish.
- Enjoy a hearty meal for two and some good craic in Roses.
- Grab a book, sit down and relax beside an open fire.
- Go for a walk on Killaghoey beach in Dunfanaghy.
- Atlantic Drive. Enjoy spectacular views over sheephaven bay driving along the Atlantic Drive.
- Grab a coffee at Ards Friary cafe, take a stroll over to the sandy beach and sit on one of the bench. Enjoy the peace quiet.
- Bring a picnic to Ards Forest Park and explore the many walks.
- Visit the Dunfanaghy Workhouse and learn about life during the famine.
- Explore the ruins of Doe Castle.
- Jump off the pier at Portnablagh Beach at high tide.
- Roam along the boardwalk in Carrigart and enjoy delicious chips in the restaurant
- Climb Muckish (suitable for 6 years plus).
- Practise your golf swing at the Downings golf club driving range.
- Get your wetsuit on and go bodyboarding at Killahoey in Dunfanaghy.
- Take some surf lessons on Marble Hill.
- Horse ride along the beach in the nearby town of Dunfanaghy or Carrigart.
- Eat and Enjoy tasty pancakes in the happy camper with gluten free options.
- Mountain bike through the Ards Forest Park along the many trails.
- Hike or climb the seven sisters mountain range along the Derryveagh mountain range.
- Go for an dawn swim or surf.
- Kayak the Ards estuary to Doe Castle.
- World class links golf courses at Dunfanaghy or Rospena.
- Pier jump at high tide.